A Match 2 Gravity Based Jewel matching game. W.I.P.
This is a new Platform Game being developed. It’s just a concept for now and in testing phase. More updates on this soon.
A thought on its misinterpretation.
So, if I told you that there was and there is nothing in the water and that Immaculate Conception happens on a huge scale every single day, what would you think regarding that?
Before you say it, no, I’m not a Bible nut. In fact, I am making a claim here that the Bible is not what we think it is. Anyway, back to Immaculate Conception.
Immaculate Conception, as we know it and misinterpret it, is the act of a virgin birth. No Sperm or fertilization of the human female egg, no intercourse involved etc! If you are a religious person and a person of God and the Bible, then you will of course believe that what is written in the Bible is correct and true. It is, but you are misinterpreting it and the same is true for Atheists, Scientists and people that believe the Bible is a book of religion. If you want to know what Immaculate Conception in the Bible really is, keep reading now.
Immaculate Conception, a virgin birth, is real and happens every single hour of every single day on a huge level and has been since the dawn of humankind. This is what the real interpretation of a virgin birth is as written in the Bible.
Two people got together i.e. two people, a Male and a Female, during the act of intercourse, the sperm was released, and they swam towards the female egg that was waiting in the womb. Once the egg was fertilized, a process began where a new human body was being built. It’s a fantastic bit of biological engineering.
Now, between seven and nine months later, yes a birth can happen earlier, premature birth etc or later than the nine months, I’m just going by the norm here, a new Human being was born into this world.
Let me switch quickly to another way to write it by using myself as an example.
My parents got together, had intercourse, and nine months later I was born. But was I? You see, a new human body was born. I wasn’t actually there. As a sentient being, I didn’t exist. I have no memory of it, nor did I know my name or who I was; I wasn’t there, I didn’t exist.
So, two people were required to begin the construction of a new human body. That’s not Immaculate Conception. Immaculate Conception is the process where that one, new, human body, over the period of a few years, began to give birth to me. Me as a self-aware, sentient being. That is what the virgin birth is and means. No intercourse was needed, no sperm was needed, no fertilization of a human female egg was needed, just one body and a bit of time for everything in the mind to reach a critical phase where, that one human body, eventually gave birth to me.
That is Immaculate Conception – A virgin birth.
Get current room name via a struct.
This struct based method gets the current room name you are in when in game. You can then pass it to a variable that detects what room you are in with one line of code, which allows easy code execution dependent on which room you are in.
- Start GameMaker 2.3+ and create a new project.
- In the “Asset Browser”, select the “Rooms” folder.
- Select the first room there, there should be only one named “Room1”.
- Rename the room to “init”. This will be the initialization room where we put controller instance objects.
- In the “Room Editor” properties tab click “Creation Code” and add the following to it in the code window:
- Create two new Rooms. One called “TitleScreen” and one called “GameScreen”.
- Change the background colour of the TitleScreen to grey and the background colour of the GameScreen to blue. This way, you will have a visual change when rooms switch.
- In the “Asset Browser”, find the “Objects” folder and right click and create a new object name “oGameController”.
- Go back to the “init” room and select the “instances” layer with the “Room Editor” tab/sidebar.
- Drag the newly created “oGameController” object into the room on the “instances” layer.
- In the “Asset Browser” double-click the “oGameController” object which will open it in the Workspace.
- In the “oGameController” settings, find and tick the persistent checkbox. This will make the “oGameController” remain persistent when switching rooms.
- In the “oGameController” Events tab, click the “Add Event” button and select “Create” as the event to add.
- Click the “Add Event” button again and add a “Step” event.
- In the events tab, double-click the “Create” event which will open up the event in the code window.
- In the “Create” event’s code window, enter the following:
roomName : room,
currentScreen : function(_cRoom)
_cRoom = room_get_name(roomName);
var asset = asset_get_index(_cRoom);
In the “Events” tab, double-click the “Step” event which will open up the event in the code window.
In the “Step” event’s code window, enter the following:
if ( cScreen.currentScreen(cScreen.roomName) == TitleScreen )
if ( mouse_check_button_pressed(mb_left) )
if ( cScreen.currentScreen(cScreen.roomName) == GameScreen )
if ( mouse_check_button_pressed(mb_left) )
Now run the app and it will start in the TitleScreen room. Press the left mouse button to go to the next screen, which is the GameScreen. Press it again to go back to the TitleScreen.
I know this is very basic, but it will be a sort of first step in introducing you to Structs in GameMaker Studio 2.3+.
A new Coding Article has been posted for GameMaker Studio 2 in the Code section. Check it out here: https://amon.pro/gamemaker-studio-2-struct-based-room-switching/
A new Article has been posted in the Articles section. You can read it here: https://amon.pro/immaculate-conception/
A new article has been posted in the Coding section. You can read it here: https://amon.pro/amazing-dave/